Open call for Russian-speaking participants for an educational programme on art mediation and inclusion by Cultura-säätiö
Cultura-säätiö organizes the educational programme on art mediation and inclusion and invites to participation the Russian-speaking living in Finland. Deadline for applications is 7 February 2021. Welcome to apply!
The programme is held in the framework of the Agents of Change: Mediating Minorities (MeM) project funded by the Creative Europe programme of the European Union. The MeM project aims to explore the potential of art mediation approach in building more inclusive societies. The project is jointly organized by Cultura-säätiö (Helsinki, Finland), Tallinn City Museum (Estonia), Tensta Konsthall (Stockholm, Sweden), Foundation for an Open Society Dots and Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art (Riga, Latvia).
The programme is aimed at people with a keen interest in art and culture. We are looking for those with personal intercultural experience and dedication to diversity and social change.
The programme combines lectures, international and local workshops with peer-to-peer exchange and provides opportunities:
- to get familiar with key concepts related to art mediation, socially engaged art, norm criticism, and inclusion;
- to obtain intercultural competences and practical tools for facilitating equal dialogue and building non-judgmental inclusive communication;
- to have experience of co-working with artists on participatory art-project and interacting with diverse audiences;
- to join a wider network of like-minded mediators and change-makers from partner countries.
The programme includes:
- Art Mediation and Inclusion educational course: 1 March – 31 May 2021
- Art-camp for mediators in Kuldiga, Latvia: the first week of August 2021
- Collaboration with artists and following art-mediation series: September–December 2021
- Participation is free of charge, travel and subsistence costs will be covered by the project.