Fundamentals of Accessibility - Tampere Summer School 2020
The course gives an overview of how accessibility can be taken in account in everyday communication and digital services.
The topics covered in the course include: introduction to the interlingual and intermodal methods of translation and interpreting in producing accessibility services, such as subtitling, audio description, sign-language and print interpreting, environmental description, accessibility technologies, needs of different groups and stakeholders, and principles of legislation.
Upon completion of the course, the student will know:
- the main accessibility concepts and terminology
- different stakeholders and their needs
- principles of legislation
- technologies to support accessibility ranging from traditional accessibility solutions to new ones such as AI and robotics
- principles of accessible translation methods and digital services
- how to apply theory to practical accessibility solutions
Extent: 5 ECTS
Fees: 0-700 euros
Study fields: Society, Languages and Culture
Application period: 1/4/2020 - 15/5/2020