Subsidies for promoting cultural diversity and combating racism – apply in October (Taike / Arts Promotion Centre Finland)
01.10.2018 - 31.10.2018
The deadline for submitting applications is 4:00pm on the last day of the application period.
These subsidies are intended for communities such as associations, cooperatives, municipal federations and companies. These subsidies are intended for legal communities only. Organisations run by municipalities and foundations may also apply. However, unregistered communities and private persons carrying on trade are not eligible for these subsidies, as they do not constitute legal entities. These subsidies are intended to support the projects or operations of professional artists and not recreational activities.
These subsidies are available to communities of immigrants and cultural minorities to support their cultural activities, but also to other communities to support activities that promote cultural diversity and combat racism.
The objective of these subsidies is to promote inclusion and participation in culture, as well as intercultural dialogue.
These subsidies are intended:
• to support activities and projects that promote cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue
• to support the artistic activities and cultural projects of immigrants and cultural minorities
• to support activities and projects that combat racism
• to promote the integration of immigrants by means of art and culture
• to foster the unique identities of cultural minorities
• to promote interaction between cultural minorities and the general population
These subsidies are not intended for general activities or projects that promote the integration of immigrants (such as Finnish language courses or employment schemes) or for practicing religion.