Music Finland has published theses for promoting equality, non-discrimination and diversity in the music sector – please sign!
The bases for the theses for promoting equality and diversity in the music sector were created during Music & Media event on October 5, 2017. A working group consisting of music industry professionals has written the theses into their final form.
The theses aim to advance the shared, equal future of the music industry in Finland. Music Finland invites all music professionals to sign and share the theses.
The project is coordinated by Music Finland.
1. Our organisation undertakes to draw up or update an equality and non-discrimination plan by the end of 2018 and to apply it in practice.
2. We undertake to promote equality and non-discrimination proactively in our communications.
3. We undertake to observe the principles of equality and non-discrimination in recruitment and hiring, and to guarantee everyone a safe and non-discriminating workplace environment.
4. Our aim is to achieve equality, non-discrimination and diversity also in the administration and management of our organisation.
5. We embrace diversity in our artistic decision-making.
6. Children and adolescents have the right to choose their musical path without prejudice and irrespective of their background and gender. By our own actions and examples, we can encourage them to make bold and independent choices.
As a music industry professional you can sign the theses via link mentioned above.