Invitation to displaced artists living in Finland (Taike)
Are you an artist, a musician, a writer, a dancer, an actor or some other kind of professional artist arrived in Finland as a refugee or an asylum seeker during the past five years?
Taike is gathering information about displaced artists who are now living in Finland as asylum seekers or refugees. The objective is to gather information about the artistic expertise of displaced artists arrived in Finland during the past five years and help to create ways to get those people involved with the Finnish society and artistic field.
If you are a visual artist, a writer, a dancer, an actor or some other kind of professional artist who has arrived in Finland as a refugee or an asylum seeker during the past five years, please respond to this call by email or writing a letter (contact information below).
If you are an asylum seeker, answering to this call will not affect your position in the asylum seeking process in any way. This is not a call for artist grants. All given information will be handled anonymously and confidentially.
You can write e. g. about the following topics:
- Who are you, how old are you, where are you from, when did you arrive to Finland, what is your level of education etc.
- What is your field of art? (For example fine arts, literature, theatre, architecture…)
- Describe your work as an artist. For example how did you practice your art in your homeland?
- Do you have some kind of artistic education?
- Have you had the opportunity to practice your art in Finland?
- Do you wish to continue your career as an artist in Finland?
- What kind of help or support would you need to pursue your career as an artist?
- Have you had any contacts with Finnish artists or artists’ associations?
- When did you arrive to Finland?
- If you are an asylum seeker, what is your status in the asylum seeking process at the moment?
- Can we contact you to ask for an interview? If yes, please make sure you write down your contact information (e-mail & telephone number).
You can write in English, Arabic, Dari or Finnish. Response time expires Wednesday 6.7.2016.
Taiteen edistämiskeskus / Tiedontuotanto