An Intercultural Nordic Region - Seminar on 26 November 2014
Place: Nordic Culture Point, Helsinki, Finland
Language: Finnish, English and Scandinavian
‘‘The intercultural Nordic region´´ is one of the themes in the Nordic Council of Ministers Strategy for Nordic Cultural Co-operation 2013-2020. The objective is that ‘‘all citizens of the Nordic countries will feel they belong and will participate in the cultural life of the Nordic region.´´
Nordic Culture Point wish to challenge and discuss this theme and objective. Therefore we are inviting you to join the seminar ´´An Intercultural Nordic Region´´ about interculturality and cultural diversity in the Nordic region.
Do the cultural life in Finland and the rest of the Nordic region reflect the multicultural societies we live in? And (how) can we do better? The seminar will also offer inspiration for artists, cultural producers, and curators, who work - or wants to work - with intercultural projects.
At the seminar you will meet
• Pasi Saukkonen, Senior Researcher, CUPORE (FI)
• Ida Burén, CEO, Intercult (SE)
• Anna-Maria Liukko, Director, Cultura Foundation (FI)
• Niels Righolt, Managing Director, Danish Centre for Arts and Interculture (DK)
• Petr Potchinchtchikov, Freelancer and Intercultural Expert (FI)
• Henrik Melius, Managing Director, Spiritus Mundi (SE)
• Kristian Meisingset, Editor, Minerva (NO)
Moderator will be Cátia Suomalainen Pedrosa, Executive Director, Interkult Kassandra (FI).
Save the date or register already now by using this link.
Advisor Søren Staun, soren.staun(a)kulturkontaktnord.org
Senior Advisor Tarja Terävä, tarja.terava(a)kulturkontaktnord.org